Last Updated: July 8, 2021
You can navigate the majority of the St. Julia Catholic Church Website (the “Website”) without giving us any information about yourself. Some of the features offered require personal information about our Website’s visitors. Your privacy is important to us, so please contact us if you have any questions.
How We Use and Receive Personal Information
We may use any personal information for a variety of purposes, such as:
• To maintain and administer our Website’s databases related to parishioners (which may include records concerning monetary donations), participation in Parish programs or activities, and memberships;
• To respond to inquiries, gather feedback, and communicate with you about our services, events, programs, and activities;
• To provide you with the services you request and evaluate or improve these services;
• To process payments, donations, and other transactions;
• To protect the integrity of or to improve our Website, information systems, and security;
• To comply with applicable legal requirements and with our policies;
• To perform research and analyses; and
• For any other purpose reasonably related to the context in which you have provided the information.
We also may receive personal information about you when you provide it to other websites, such as the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh’s website.
We receive personal information through our Website in several ways, which are described below:
• Registering for Programs and Activities—You may wish to register through our Website for various programs and activities, such as programs, services, workshops, volunteer opportunities, and other events. In order to register, you may be required to provide information such as your program and activity choices or preferences; any allergies and special needs; your name, e-mail address, telephone number, member username, member password, and institutional membership status; emergency contact information; and, when you are registering on behalf of others, the number of participants that will engage in the program, the names of the participants, the participants’ ages, the participants’ parent name(s), the participants’ residential addresses, the participants’ telephone numbers, and the participants’ grade levels.
• Contacting Us—You may choose to contact us through links and email addresses provided on our Website. We will receive your email address and any other information you choose to include in your message.
We may collect any of the types of information described above, and similar types of information, for other purposes as we add or change features of the Website. We also provide Website forms in the parish office that you may complete and provide to us offline. This policy does not apply to this or other offline types of data collection, but we may combine information collected in multiple contexts for purposes similar to those described here.
Service providers assist us in providing certain website features and services. For example, service providers manage our member database, process payments and donations, and provide other applications such as calendars. Your information is shared with these parties so they can provide services. Our service providers are only authorized to use information to perform services on our behalf or for limited administrative purposes and legal compliance.
We may disclose personal information in other circumstances, such as:
• If we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process;
• In response to reasonable requests by law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
• When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or
• If necessary to protect the vital interests of another individual (such as to prevent death, bodily harm, or serious damage to property).
We reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event of a reorganization of the Parish. We also may share information with the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh and affiliated organizations.
We will not use or disclose your personal information in a manner materially different than described in this policy unless we first seek and receive your prior express consent to the use or disclosure.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the personal information you provide to us through our Website. For example, many of the Website’s pages that collect personal information use https secure transfer protocol.
Cookies and Information We Receive Automatically
We also receive information about our Website’s visitors through cookies. Cookies record information such as the pages you visited, the features you used, and the amount of time you visited a page. You always have the right to refuse placement of cookies or you can delete them at any time. Please visit the help section of your web browser for further details.
We receive IP addresses in the normal course of operating our Website. An IP address is code assigned by your Internet service provider to your device so you can access the Internet. We may use your IP address in order to recognize your device on return visits so that we can provide a customized service for you, such as remembering your login credentials so that you do not need to re-enter them on each visit.
We do not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please let us know immediately so we can take appropriate action.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites may not be owned, controlled, or operated by St. Julia Catholic Church. For example, the Website includes links to other websites that provide reading material and general information. In those cases, we cannot control how information collected by those sites will be used, shared, or secured. If you visit linked sites, we strongly suggest that you review the privacy notices or policies posted at those sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites, your use of them, or the information practices of their operators.
Notification of Changes
Changing Your Information and Contacting Us
You may access, update, correct, or remove the personal information you provided to us by contacting us through the telephone number or e-mail address listed below. Please include your contact information and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.